Validating ontologies with VRP
Precondition: You have made the required changes to the ontology you are validating.
- Download the Validating Rdf Parser (VRP) from http://22.214.171.124:9090/RDF/VRP/, and extract the download package to a folder on your computer.
- Set the JAVA_HOME and VRP_HOME variables to correct values in runVRP.bat (Windows) or runVRP (Linux)
- Download the kp-lab ontologies that your ontology references (probably at least TLO).
- Change the namespace declaration concerning the referenced ontologies so that they point to the files you downloaded. This is shown in the image below.
- Also: If you edited your ontology using Protege, you might have an owl-namespace declaration. Remove it.
Changing namespace reference
- Validate your ontology using VRP.
- Specify the input and output files
- Select the 'External Namespaces' option.
- Click start
- If you get validation errors, fix them
Validating with VRP