KP-Lab internal document
Product name and version:
M28 Expert Evaluation on To do List
Organisers of the test:
Date of the test:
Date of the report:
The report is a heuristic evaluation that was done as a part of an Expert evaluation in EVTEK University of Applied Sciences. This report summarizes tests on To-do List that were executed in KP-Lab during the summer 2008 by two students (Mary Nyamor and Oskari Harhakoski)
Before the expert evaluation they had been using Shared Space Application, therefore, they had deeper knowledge on the purpose and possible domain usages of the application, as well as, about the date of start of the release
All of the evaluations followed the guidelines of expert evaluation described by Nielsen (e.g., http://www.useit.com/papers/heuristic/heuristic_evaluation.html and the guidelines given in the class – see attachment). The heuristics used were the KP-Lab heuristics (see http://kplab.evtek.fi:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=R.2.10KPLabHeuristics). The evaluated product was the Shared Space Application prototype, i.e., the evaluation was made of screenshots of the product since an interactive prototype was not available.
The results will be presented as combination of the results documented by the students
Main results of the study:
The results in the reports were formulated based on the notes the students took while executing the evaluation. The results are presented according to the KP-Lab heuristic points.
- Visibility of system status
- Match between system and the real world
Few problems occurred during test:
- Tool does not give feedback once user add, modify or delete task. (User does not know system status.)
- OK and cancel buttons are not consistent with the other tools in SSp.
- To-do list allows items/events to be in same name (Other tools in SSp does not allow that.)
- Sorting To-do list items does not appear natural and logical order.
- Checked item (done or completed To-do item) should look inactive in To-do list. For example item should change color.
This page is a category under: usability
and under Category Of Feedback Testing Data