“Above All Studio is an integrated environment for creating and refining business services and assembling new composite applications. Studio’s visual modeling capabilities allow you to create new, more useful business services from the low-level services typically found in enterprise IT environments.”
“While Web services standards are great for providing a common syntax, they don’t help resolve how disparate services interoperate semantically.” The Above All Studio’s visual tools allow users to map these semantic differences.
“Drag and drop visual tools and wizards let you quickly assemble composite applications with no coding. Studio enables IT personnel to leverage their application functionality while insulating them from unnecessary technical details by providing easy to understand and use interfaces rather than low-level programming-oriented interfaces.”
1. Adherence to mashup principles:
a. Online software that takes minutes or hours to create instead of days and weeks.
- Enables the creation of mashups using visual tools with no or minimal coding.
b. End-user guided assembly in the browser.
- No. This is a downloadable IDE-like application.
c. Sharing via a simple URL.
d. Leverages the “Global SOA”: Is open to all external sources of behaviour and data.
- Contains visual tools to use web services and combine in new ways to form new applications.
e. Visually configured or scripted “glue” to connect widgets and DIVS together.
f. Is secure, safe, and reliable.
- “First, Above All products respect the security mechanism in place by the software services available for their respective systems. Second, Above All supports all of the common authentication styles that map to security models employed by today’s Web services. For example, some Web services utilize username/password while others employ a token. Third, for a given service or group of services, Above All enables the capture of user credentials appropriate for the authentication style. The user can cache these locally or choose to re-enter them as needed. Above All Software also provides a security layer for controlling access to the composite applications and other items within the SOA Repository.”
2. What kind of user management it provides?
3. Is it mature enough to be used in our project? Examples of use.
Has been used in numerous enterprise systems. See http://www.aboveallsoftware.com/action_customer.asp
4. Is it open source?